Today, I’m going to let you know how to soft and hard reset the iPod touch when it is stuck or not responding.
Follow these easy steps to hard factory reset iPod touch if it is unable to start.
How to Soft Reset iPod Touch
1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake/Power buttons + Home button until the power slider displays.
2. Drag the red slider on the screen to the right to power off.
3. Now press the Sleep/Wake button again until the device starts.
How to Hard Reset iPod Touch
1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Home button for some seconds till the Apple logo appears.
2. The Screen should become dark and it would automatically restart your iPod device, After that the device would start working normally back.
3. These steps would not affect or make you lose music and other media files.
Note: In case the above steps didn’t work on your device, you can try to factory reset it. While doing this on your device it will delete or remove all your existing files (music and other media) even settings won’t be left out.
Factory Resetting the iPod Touch
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your iPod touch.
- Tap on General and Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.