Submitting your site to the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo! and Bing offers many advantages of increasing your site traffic. It ensures that the search engines crawl your site which can help your site get into an index faster. Think of it as moving your site to the front of the search line. Here is the solution for you to make your site popular by adding it to search engines.
How to Submit Your Website to Google for Fast Index
To submit your site to the Google Index and get huge traffic from Google, all you have to do is:
1. Point your browser to Google Webmaster Tools and sign in or click Get Started.
2. Click on Go to Search Console from the webmaster dashboard as shown below:
3. A new page will be shown, just enter your website URL i.e. https://example.com in the URL prefix tab.
4. Now you have to verify that you own the website. The easiest way is by using Google Analytics or by using HTML tag. We will be using HTML tag in this tutorial. Just copy the code and put it before </head>.
5. Finally click on Verify and move to Sitemap submission below.
How to Submit Your Website Sitemaps
Some just think adding the URL would also add posts, YES it would but would not be fast as it should be, if you want fast index you need to submit a sitemap to Google and this would help google in knowing you have updated your blog or website and your contents get indexed.
1. Visit Google Webmaster Tools and sign in.
2. Click on your website name or property from the top-left dropdown.
3. From the Website Dashboard you have a list of menus on the left-hand side, Click on Sitemaps.
4. Now enter your sitemap URL.
– If you are using the WordPress platform, make sure the Yoast SEO/Rank Math SEO plugin is installed or any other seo plugin you prefer. Enter your sitemap as sitemap_index.xml
– If you are using Google blogger platform and your post is below 500 you can use the first sitemap but if above 500 and not up to 1000 use both.
- If you have more than 1000 posts on your blog, you will make use of the code below, add each line one by one
atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500 atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=501&max-results=500 atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1001&max-results=500
5. Complete the sitemap details and Submit them, you can also test to make sure the sitemap is correct by visiting it in your browser.
That’s it! Google will now add your site to the Googlebot crawl list and your site will appear inappropriate search results. Submitting your site to the Google index is of great importance and would surely increase your SEO. You also need to submit your website to Bing Webmaster to rank on Bing Search too.
In case of any problem the comment section is here below and would be happy to help you out.