Do you want to quit your job and learn how to start a blog to make money from the comfort of your home? Not to worry, I have just the thing for you. Today’s post on creating a blog is divided into four parts:
- While you are working your 9-5 job, ensure you save up 3 months of your salary.
- Identify the factors that made you want to quit.
- Set up a blog or hire a designer.
- Finally, tell it to people that you want to try blogging for a living.
Telling people (especially family and friends) that you want to quit your normal job to blog for a living is really important because of the following reasons:
- It brings about excitement and motivation – By the time you finally succeed at blogging, every person you told ahead of time will assume you succeeded because you left your 9-5 job and will come to you to learn how you did it. This encourages more people to become financially free.
- If by chance, you fail at blogging, the individuals you told will attribute your failure to you quitting your job, and will quickly help you get back up by offering you a job while knowing you were honest with them when you took the risk.
However, the second option happening will never happen. Why? Because you’re going to succeed (failure is not an option).
Now that you are feeling a bit motivated, shall we get down to the core steps to follow to succeed in blogging?
How to Start a Blog To Make money
- Have at least 3 months of salary saved up somewhere.
The first time I quit my teaching job to blog full time, I was broke as Hell. The salary was good but it was not just enough for me; so I made up my mind to save and it worked. Through dedication and self-discipline, I was able to save up a good figure to begin my new venture. I also took a course on WordPress, and saved my last little income like they were going to be my last. It was rough but looking back now; it’s totally worth it.
Before you leave your job to go into full-time blogging, you need to guarantee that you have more than enough to put food on your table for the months that come after. This also provides your mind with a bit of relaxation to help keep your positive thoughts in check and push you to perform at your best. Swimming the moment you pack up your desk to find get a better living, will negatively affect your blog posts and can turn your online business into a failure.
The time frame might extend 3 months, so save up enough cash that can allow you relax while knowing you’re taking your time to make your new venture work.
- Identify the factors that made you want to quit
Identifying every factor that made you quit your job is another important step in the how to start a blog to make money process.
The factors will propel your desire to work hard every single day. Do you not want to prove a lot of people wrong, including your boss who thinks you are a failure?
This single act of yours will also inspire readers (especially young ones) to opt-in your email list, community or whatever thing you are trying to build. You are taking a bold step, no need to hide it or be shy, share it with the world!
- Set up a blog or hire a designer
The internet has made it easy for anyone to be able to start a blog.
But wait….. You don’t want to start any kind of blog, right?
It would be unwise when visitors you told to take a look at your blog after you make your move and only see pictures of your dogs, gibberish, university photo collage and worse! Some messy looking breakfast and lunch on your blog. They will either think you’ve lost your mind or take a long hard laugh at your foolishness.
You can be different from the crowd and show that you mean business by:
- Creating a WordPress website or hire an expert to
- Setting up a captivating landing page that highlights your goals, mission statement and a few Hi-Res images showing what you plan to give people.
You can learn all that you need to know about setting up a WordPress blog or website on Youtube. There are a lot of good teachers there.
You can feel a lot more confident knowing that your blog is a professional one. A professional looking blog also convinces people to donate any cash they can afford to part with to you.
Conclusion: Work on Your Own Timeline because no one else will
Once you have all of the above 4 steps in place, Congratulations! You can now officially quit your job and make a six-figure income through blogging. I believe in you, you can do it!
Only you can decide when you are really ready to make the big move.
Look at it this way – Your family, friends and your future self-don’t want you to quit. As Much as a lot of people complain and say rubbish how the world is not fair and how everything is going wrong. They just do not have enough balls to follow their dream.
The simple truth is that we’re all just basically screwed if we do not begin to take risks in life through our actions. Your boss and other employees want you to stay in your place and not complain or make a move to quit, because a lot of bloggers making a hell of a money right now. So what will you do? Will you stay put? Or will you take action after reading our how to start a blog to make money guide?